Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Vicks Vapor Rub... ON FEET??


I grew up a Vicks kid.  I think most of us did.  My mom swore by the stuff.  If I had a cough and a stuffy nose, it was pretty well guaranteed that it was going on my chest that night.

I HATED it!  It felt weird.  It was sticky... it made my jammies stick to me.  It was just... Ewww.

Now I'm all grown up and have kids of my own.  When they have a cough and a stuffy nose... Yep... out comes the Vicks.  Especially for Little Man who cannot take a decongestant for medical reasons.  But, just like me, he and Little Diva despise the Vicks.  They want NOTHING to do with it.

A couple of years ago I took Little Man into Urgent Care for a horrible cough.  He was SO sick.  The nurse told me that the sure fire way to ease his cough was to put Vicks on his feet with a nice warm pair of socks.

Wait... What??  On his FEET??  What good was THAT going to do??

I totally blew her off.

Then, not too long ago I saw it on Pinterest.  Vicks on the feet.  Guaranteed to relieve a cough 100% of the time.  Really now.  Well, it was on Pinterest, so it HAS to be real, right?  ;o)

It got me to thinking, though.  I discovered a while ago the wonder of a ionic foot detox session.  By doing that, I learned just how much toxins and pollutants come out of the 4000 or so large pores on the bottom of your feet.  So, maybe... just maybe those same pores can absorb the vapor created by the Vicks and distribute its healing power through your body??

Well, Monday night I was getting ready for bed and had a HORRIBLE cough.  I decided to give it a go.  I mean, really... what could it hurt??

IT WORKED!!

Within 10 minutes of applying the Vicks to my feet and putting on a nice warm pair of socks I was done coughing.  I am a believer... try it... you will be too!!  And it sure beats an icky sticky chest!!

1 comment:

  1. SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!!!! Part of me is laughing while the other part of me is totally going to try it. Hey, if cabbage can help the pain when your "girls' are about to expload, then vicks on the feet... sure, why not. :0)

    ReplyDelete