Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Baked Tilapia With Balsamic Browned Butter Glaze

Today is Ash Wednesday... and if you are Catholic, you know what that means:  NO MEAT!  :)  Luckily my family, kids included, loves fish!

This is an absolute favorite recipe in our family, and I made it for dinner tonight.  I originally got the recipe from watching 30 Minute Meals with Rachel Ray.  Since I first made it, I have made some adjustments to it, and will give you the recipe as I made it today.  The beautiful thing about this recipe is it is SO simple!  And only has 5 ingredients.  Perfect for a quick, easy, healthy weeknight dinner!

Enjoy!


Baked Tilapia With Balsamic Browned Butter Glaze


4-6 large Tilapia fillets
garlic salt- to taste
black pepper - to taste

2T butter
1/2 c aged balsamic vinegar


Preheat the oven to 425.  Arrange tilapia fillets on a shallow baking sheet that has been sprayed with non stick spray.  I use a jelly roll pan.  Season the fish to your liking with garlic salt and black pepper.
Bake for 15-20 mins.

While the fish is baking, melt your butter in a shallow sauce pan.  When butter is melted, and just starting to turn brown, add the balsamic vinegar.  Give a quick stir to incorporate the two and then lower your heat to simmer until the vinegar is reduced by half.

Top the fish with the glaze and enjoy! 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment