Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentines Day 2013

Valentines Day preparation actually started the night before... at 10pm the night before, actually. 

I was tired.  Exhausted, actually.  It had been one of THOSE days. 

So, I got on Facebook.  It was time to unwind with a glass of wine.  And that is when I saw it.  My dear friend Laura from Houston We Have A Problem had posted their preparations for Valentines Day.  She and her S.O. had decked out the breakfast table for their littles with construction paper hearts.  She had hand-written valentines to each one of the kids and taped them to the back of their chairs.  Oh man.  That totally got my Diva up.  I'm suddenly inspired.  And shamed... into starting a project at 10pm.

I'm kind of thrilled that I did... It came out SO cute!!!  And I still got my glass of wine... I drank it while working on the project at the kitchen table.  ;o)

The kids LOVED waking up to their Valentines Day surprise.  I decided that something special was in order for breakfast.  Mornings around our house are super hectic... usually they just get cereal for breakfast and then we are out the door to school.  Not on Valentines Day, though... nope... mama pulled out all the stops with heart shaped and Mickey shaped pancakes!! :)


We got the kids off to school and then returned a few hours later to have lunch with them.  They had requested sandwiches from Subway.  We also surprised them with heart shaped donuts from Dunkin Donuts for dessert.


We no longer eat a lot of sweets in our house... so on this day, that was made for sweets, my kiddos thought they scored pretty big!  :)

We finished off the day with dinner... with special guests Grandma & Grandpa. 
I was so busy enjoying the evening I forgot to pull out my camera.  But rest assured... a GREAT time was had by all. :)

On a diva personal note... I am quite pleased with myself that I didn't touch a single sweet today.  My journey continues... One day at a time.  <3


No comments:

Post a Comment